- For anyone that is in the 3rd grade now or older there is a Rhythm Team meeting for anyone interested in tryout out Monday May 9th at 6:15.
- This week - May 9th-12th - Dancin' for your Daddy - Bring Dads, Grand Dads, Uncles etc. to watch you dance this week!
- During "Dancin’ for your Daddy " week beginning on Monday, May 9th, I need to combine some of the classes so that we can work on the Grand Finale.
- On Monday, May 9th - Pom 1 and Jazz 1 come together from 4:00-500 pm (Any Level 1 dancer K-2nd grade that only takes T & B on Thursday, please come from 4:30-5:00 pm)
- On Monday, May 9th - Pom 2 and Jazz 2 come together from 6:15-7:45 pm (Any Level 2 dancer 3rd-6th grade that only takes T & B on Thursday, please come from 7:15-7:45 pm
- On Tuesday, May 10th - We will combine HH3a and HH3B from 4:30-5:15. Then, I will need all Level 3 students to come from 5:15-6:00. We will still have Ballet 3 from 6-7 then done for the night b/c of STARR testing.
- We will be doing a DD Dad dance this year! Our practices will be
May 10th at 7:00
May 12th at 8:30
3rd practice - TBD
- On Thursday, May 12st from 5:30-6:30, we will have a studio wide Grand Finale practice at the studio. (Pre-schoolers do not need to attend) I need everyone else there!
- If you want to order a DVD of the recital turn form in at the studio office. If you are taking summer classes, you shouldn't have to have them mailed. We usually have them back at the studio the week of summer classes.
- Recital Week May 16-22nd
We have a different recital practice schedule than normal. I will need everyone at all 3 rehearsals at Caldwell Auditorium on May 16th, May 18th and May 19th. (Tuesday, may 17, there will not be any classes at the studio)
- May 16th – Work Rehearsal – you will only come for your class time – 20 min slots
4:00 3:15 Pre-K (Tap first)
4:20 Tap and Ballet 1A (Thurs. 4:00 – Ballet first)
4:40 Jazz 1 and Pom 1
5:00 Lil’ Rhythm
5:20 5:30 Pre-K (Tap first)
5:40 Tap and Ballet 1B/2A (Thursday 4:45 – Ballet first)
6:00 Tap and Ballet 2B (Thursday 5:30 – Ballet first)
6:20 Jazz 2 and Pom 2
6:40 Strictly Rhythm
7:00 HH 3A and 3B 7:20 Ballet 3 and Ballet 4
8:00 Rhythm Express
8:30 Rhythm Elite
- May 17th - No Tuesday classes at the studio
May 18th – Work Rehearsal – Everyone 5-7:30 (Grand Finale 5-5:30)
May 19th – Dress Rehearsal – Everyone 5-7:30
May 22nd recital - Be there at 2:00 (Dancer gets in along with one adult to get ready) 2:30 doors open for everyone and show starts at 3:00. Usually last about 2 hours followed by awards. There is no charge for admission.
- May 24th - Sumer Registration
- June 13-17th – Summer Classes
- July 18th-22nd–Summer Dance Camp- Pre-K-6th grade
- July 22nd and 23rd – Master Class Camp – 6th grade and older
- Tuesday, February 9th @ 7:30pm…Elite and Express will be performing during halftime of the boys varsity basketball game at Hawkins High School gym.
- Thursday, February 18th @ 7:00pm…NATIONALS SHOWOFF!!! Mineola High School Gym. It is a send off for Elite dancers going to Nationals, but all 4 Rhythm Teams will be performing.
Don't forget to check the Important Dates Page for upcoming DD events.