- It's "Performing For Your Pals" week!!! Bring your pals all week and show off your dancing skills!!
- Perfect Attendance forms are due this week. These also have how many years your dancer has been at DD. Please fill this form out and get in turned in!
- Students will be getting a VERY IMPORTANT YELLOW NOTE in class this week. It has information about the closing number, the Dad's dance plus many other things. Please make sure and read this note. We will send it out in a different email as well.
- Pictures are in and ready for you to pick up!!
- May 2nd-5th - Movin' for your Mama - Invite Moms, Grand Moms, Aunts etc. to come watch!
- May 9th-12th - Dancin' for your Daddy - Invite Dads, Grand Dads, Uncles etc. to come watch!
- Next week (May 2nd-5th) is “Movin’ for your Mama” week. I would like for all dancers to wear their costumes to class. We will go over all the accessories, where to pin and decide if anything needs to be hemmed or altered before the show. Next week come to class in your costume instead of in dress code. You will need to wear tights for the recital, but you don’t have to wear the tights to class. J Tap and Ballet combo students, wear your Ballet costume first and bring your Tap costume.
- During “Dancin’ for your Daddy “ week beginning on Monday, May 9th, I need to combine some of the classes so that we can work on the Grand Finale.
- On Monday, May 9th - Pom 1 and Jazz 1 come together from 4:00-500 pm (Any Level 1 dancer K-2nd grade that only takes T & B on Thursday, please come from 4:30-5:00 pm)
- On Monday, May 9th - Pom 2 and Jazz 2 come together from 6:15-7:45 pm (Any Level 2 dancer 3rd-6th grade that only takes T & B on Thursday, please come from 7:15-7:45 pm)
- On Tuesday, May 10th - We will combine HH3a and HH3B from 4:30-5:15. Then, I will need all Level 3 students to come from 5:15-6:00. We will still have Ballet 3 from 6-7 then done for the night b/c of STARR testing
- We will be doing a DD Dad dance this year! Our practices will be May 10th at 7:00 and May 12th at 8:30. We will talk about our 3rd practice times. We have a great time, come join us!
- On Thursday, May 12st from 5:30-6:30, we will have a studio wide Grand Finale practice at the studio. (Pre-schoolers do not need to attend) I need everyone else there!
- We have a different recital practice schedule than normal. We were only able to get Caldwell Auditorium for practice during the week before our show. I know these are school nights, but it is all we have to work with. I know many of you drive a ways to get to DD during the week, so now we will all be making the drive to Caldwell! The good news is it is on our side of Tyler so it only takes 35 minutes to get there. Also there are many more places to eat in Tyler than there was in Gladewater J. I will need everyone at all 3 rehearsals at Caldwell Auditorium on May 16th, May 18th and May 19th.
- May 16th – Work Rehearsal – you will only come for your class time – 20 min slots
- May 18th – Work Rehearsal – Everyone 5-7:30
- May 19th – Dress Rehearsal – Everyone 5-7:30
- May 24th - Sumer Registration
- June 13-17th – Summer Classes
- July 18th-22nd–Summer Dance Camp- Pre-K-6th grade
- July 22nd and 23rd – Master Class Camp – 6th grade and older
- Tuesday, February 9th @ 7:30pm…Elite and Express will be performing during halftime of the boys varsity basketball game at Hawkins High School gym.
- Thursday, February 18th @ 7:00pm…NATIONALS SHOWOFF!!! Mineola High School Gym. It is a send off for Elite dancers going to Nationals, but all 4 Rhythm Teams will be performing.
Don't forget to check the Important Dates Page for upcoming DD events.